Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology
Merging business and science, the pharmaceutical industry is a challenging sector—a space where intellectual property rights are aggressively enforced, and regulation is strict and constantly evolving. Navigating the legal and regulatory landscape of the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors is a complex undertaking. Greenspoon Bellemare’s Pharmaceutical Group takes a thorough, highly innovative position so that you can focus on bringing life-saving treatments and pioneering technologies to the market.
Over the years, our Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Group has advised some of the world’s leading pharmaceutical manufacturers – as well as drug wholesalers, retailers, research organizations, veterinary product companies, and investors – at every stage of their development, offering creative, real-world advice.
Our Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology services include:
• Assisting with intellectual property issues (trademarks, patents, licensing, assignment, distribution, manufacturing and outsourcing)
• Counselling on regulatory issues with regard to pricing, compliance, research and development, sales and marketing, and privacy
• R&D contracts (service contracts, clinical and fundamental research contracts, collaboration agreements, material transfer agreements, confidentiality agreements, and non-competition agreements)
• Commercial transactions (mergers, acquisitions, asset and share purchases)
• Offshore outsourcing agreements